University of Calabar, UNICAL Postgraduate admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session is out. The sale of the University of Calabar PG admission application form has now commenced. Interested members of the public are hereby informed.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into graduate programmes in the 2018/2019 academic year leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degrees of the University of Calabar.
UNICAL Postgraduate Programmes Duration and Admission (Entry) Requirements
Courses may be offered full-time or part-time. All programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma, MBA, MPA and MPAS or thesis for Master’s and Ph.D degrees.
- Duration of Programme: For full-time studies the Postgraduate Diploma lasts for two (2) semesters. The Master’s degrees last for 4 semesters; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes last for 6 semesters.
For part-time programmes, the Master’s degrees last for 6 semesters, the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) lasts for 10 semesters.
Note that PGD programmes run on full-time basis only.
- Requirements for UNICAL PG Admission: Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the Ph.D programmes.
A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes. Candidates with Master’s degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided that the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.
MUST SEE: List of UNICAL Postgraduate Programmes / Courses Available
Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD.
How To Apply For UNICAL Postgraduate Admission For 2018/2019 Academic Session
Interested candidates are to first log on to our website: www.unicalonline.edu.ng or click here to access and download the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦16,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Graduate School application form 2018/2019 academic session.
A printout with a unique pin will be issued at the bank. Candidates will then enter their unique PIN and their mobile phone numbers on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions to access the form.
Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted. YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission. Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
- Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase UNICAL Graduate School application form for 2018/2019 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦16,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- Go back online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
Concept Note and Transcripts Forwarding
Below are the guidelines regarding concept note submission and results transcripts forwarding for University of Calabar Postgraduate admission application:
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
- – Statement of the problem
- – Relevance of study to self and society
- – Aim(s) of the study
- – Justification
- – Methodology
- – Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN GRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School by DECEMBER 14, 2018, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
ALSO SEE: UNICAL Postgraduate School Fees Schedule
University of Calabar Postgraduate Screening Dates for 2018/2019 Admission
Admission Screening Day
Friday 15th December, 2018 for MBA, MPAS, and all PGD candidates
While Saturday 16th December, 2018 is for Masters and Ph.D candidates. The screening test will be a computer based test as follows:
- Part A – Written, (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
- Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates.
- There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
- Mock examination for Computer fluency is on Wednesday and Thursday 12th and 13th December 2018.
Application Closing Date
The website for submission of UNICAL Postgraduate application form will be shut and closed down on the 30th November, 2018.
Admission / Available Programmes:
Issues with Online Forms:
08183626190, 08038207305, 08054367546
E-Mail: [email protected]
Also call the number on the last page of the Faculty publication for inquiry. All calls must be between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.